Special Education Procedural Safeguards Notice
The new AASCD testing dates are February 27 - April 21, 2023.
For those in need of support for AASCD administration go to the Teacher and Test Administrator site. All new test administrators must have TIDE accounts and take the training course to earn a certificate.
We encourage all districts and staff involved in the administration of the AASCD to review all the resources in the portal.
If your district has specific questions that need clarification please email Marcia Watts at [email protected]
- Ohio's Learning Standards - Extended (Revised Sept. 2018)
- Ohio's Learning Standards - Extended with Learning Progressions
Alternate Assessment Resources Posted
Ohio's Alternate Assessment FAQ resources were developed to describe the Alternate Assessment for Students with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities. These resources are for educators and families.
Families of Students with Disabilities
The Department has a new webpage for Families of Students with Disabilities. The page features information to help families better understand the special education process. It includes the newly created Evaluation Roadmap to show families what to expect if they feel their children may need additional supports or Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
Ohio's Accessibility Manual
Ohio's Required & Optional Forms: IEP, ETR
- Ohio Required & Optional Forms
- K-12 Universal Support Materials - guidance for completing the ETR and IEP
- Preschool Universal Support Materials
OEC Livebinder Resources
Special Education Scholarships & Awards
Ohio Special Education Resources
Additional & Specific Resources
- Disability Specific Resources
- Dispute Resolution
- Federal and State Requirements
- National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- Operating Standards & Guidance
- OSEP Policy Letters
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support and Restraint & Seclusion
- Student Success Resource Library
- Third Grade Reading Guarantee Guidance for Students with Disabilities
- US Office of Special Education