The Region 10 State Support Team is looking for a high-energy Career Tech Consultant to join our full-time staff. The ideal candidate will have a documented history of working in the career tech field and can promote collaborative leadership and collegial relationships among all of the Career Technical Centers and Career Tech Planning Districts in three regions (Regions 10, 13 and 14) within Southwest Ohio. We operate in a fast-paced, high-energy office where we encourage all of our staff to be creative, collaborative and self-motivated. We need a consultant who can fit well in our environment. Candidates must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides high quality professional development and technical assistance to all Career Technical Centers and Career Technical Planning Districts' (CTPD) in the 3 regions that focus on improving the instructional support by career technical educational instructors.
Meets with CTE and OEC state staff to determine priority training focus topics including, but not limited to; Career Connections, CTE Standards, Courses, Assessments, and Academic Alignment, Special Education Service Delivery, Data, etc.
- Develops communication and collaboration with the CTPD served in the region to provide information/resources to keep staff current on Ohio Department of Education (ODE)/ODE Office of Career Tech Education (CTE)/ODE Office of Exceptional Children (OEC) initiatives and requirements, along with expanding the delivery of Career Technical Education to all students.
- Provides federal, state and regional legislative information to CTPD organizations including analyzing local needs to support planning for high quality professional development.
- Provides support through high quality professional development to CTPD staff on implications of student’s characteristics with respect to outcomes environments and support needs.
- Interprets data sources in cooperation with CTPD staff in order to develop high quality professional development plans. Assists instructional staff to identify appropriate educational program planning that is inclusive of all students.
- Identifies and facilitates appropriate modifications and accommodations within the Career Technical Education Instructional environment.
- Demonstrates appropriate instructional strategies that support students in the Career Technical Education environment.
- Systemically identifies CTPD services and supports needs.
- Collaborates with regional services delivery systems to support CTPD’s high quality professional development.
- Develops and implements in cooperation with the CTPD staff ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of implemented high quality professional development.
1. A master’s degree in the area for which an employee has primary responsibility (i.e., education, special education, education administration or appropriate related field or evidence of equivalency); specifically in a leadership role in the area of Career Technology;
2. Three to five years of successful classroom teaching, school improvement planning, special education administration or related experience; a license appropriate to the individual’s profession (educational leadership, special education administration, intervention specialist, career-technical education)
3. Expertise and/or significant leadership experience in several of the following areas:
Knowledge of IDEA, and Every Student Succeeds Act
Data analysis, including data-based decision making and a thorough understanding of Ohio’s accountability system;
Research-based instructional practices, particularly development and implementation of academic and behavior supports;
Focused planning, including use of strategic problem solving;
Coaching and consultation skills;
Implementation and monitoring of improvement efforts;
Experience in the area of special career-technical education
Culturally responsive practices;
Delivery of high quality professional development and technical assistance;
Career technical education and the Carl D. Perkins V Act
Salary: commensurate with experience
Apply online through the Dayton Area School Consortium